An Action Agenda to Improve Pittsburgh's Future
JOBS are the #1 priority for the Pittsburgh Region.
What does the region need to do to increase job growth?
An Action Plan for increasing job growth in the region is listed below. Click on any of the action items for more detail.
- More federal and state funding for R&D
- More facilities for R&D
- Retain and attract corporate R&D Centers
- Continue funding for technical assistance to new entrepreneurs
- Expand early stage capital for new companies
- Create an “entrepreneurial culture” in southwestern Pennsylvania
- Continue the phaseout of the state Capital Stock and Franchise Tax
- Reduce and reform Pennsylvania's Corporate Net Income Tax
- Create mechanisms for providing competitively priced electricity for major industrial users
- Provide one-stop shopping and expedited permitting for businesses interested in locating and expanding in the Pittsburgh Region
- Establish and achieve goals of 100% proficiency in every school
- Elect school board members committed to achieving 100% proficiency
- Change state law to better define the role and qualifications of school boards
- Encourage parents to use quality child care programs
- Provide funding and technical assistance to help child care programs improve quality
- Promote reading to pre-school children, at home and in child care centers
- Preserve the region's quality of life assets through environmentally sound economic growth
- Make strategic investments to improve quality of life assets
- Market the region's assets to businesses
- Market the region's assets to talented workers
- Market the region's assets to tourists
- Attract and capitalize on major national television events in Pittsburgh
Comments? Suggestions for changes or additions?
Send an email to Comments@PittsburghFuture.com